To motivate the participation and competitive spirit, we have the Portsmouth League competitions between club members.
Results until February 2017: ICAC Portsmouth League Standings (29/1/17-23/2/17)
Some FAQs might help you to understand the league.
What is the League?
- The league encourages you to shoot Portsmouth rounds at club sessions and compete with others of a similar ability.
Who can take part?
- The ICAC Portsmouth league is open to both senior and novice archers of all abilities and bow-types.
When may I submit scores to the League?
- Currently, the league is in an initial start-up period. Only scores shot at IC club sessions may count towards the league. In order to keep the league fair, should anyone shoot at a competition; this score will not count towards the rankings.
Why take part?
- You will be able to improve your own shooting skills by taking part and improve your record keeping (not to mention mental arithmetic if you still use paper!)
- You will be awarded points for simply shooting a Portsmouth round and informing the Record’s Officer, but will also gain additional points if you encourage another person to compete with you.
- At the end of term, prizes will be awarded.
How do I participate?
- Inform the Record’s Officer who will create a candidate profile for you.
- All matches and scores must be reported to the Record’s Officer with evidence soon after a round is completed – some of your scores may also be entered into the E-league.